The Course Outline encourages intense involvement and participation of students and compulsory topics are summarized below;
- Interpersonal/ Intrapersonal Skills
- Eye Contact
- Overcoming Fear
- Self Assertiveness
- Simple Grammar
- Communication Skills
- Introduction to Impromptu Speech
- Improving Memory
- Introduction to Prepared Speech
- Public Speaking Competitions
Participants in the Public Speaking Competition will be required to deliver the following to the audience and will be evaluated on their delivery and knowledge of the subject matter.
- An Impromptu speech;
- Interpretive reading from a published work of their choice, and or a persuasive prepared speech on a topic of their choice;
- A Poetic recital.
The competitions are open to all schools in Namibia.